that I have one, just one, headache-free day? I mean, really, this is getting a little tiring.
I was fine yesterday. I went and did a Spa at my friend Danielle's house, where we all had fun and ate her delicious homemade spinach dip...yum!!! Then, when I left and got out into the heat and started the 40 minute drive home, it hit. Another migraine. I had Anayla with me, but she had stayed the night and gone with me to the Spa, so I really needed to get her home before my brother thought I kidnapped his daughter.
I dropped her off and picked up my own kids (conveniently at the same house) and went home. I pulled the curtains closed, effectively darkening the house and tried to get some rest. Unfortunately, the kids had another idea. They decided that it was the perfect time to fight over - what else? - a spot on the couch. It seats 3 adults, but these two little bodies gravitate to the same spot with such force that they must physically push and kick each other from that spot.
I went to the bedroom and lay down. It was brighter in there, but nice and cool. Reece followed me. I thought I could get him to sleep with me, and I almost did, until Alicia came in and caused more trouble by being loud and setting off an argument on - hold onto your socks - which side of Mommy to lie on. Apparently one side of me is more appealing than the other, because they both wanted that side.
At this point, the nausea had set in. Not only did I have the light sensitivity, sound sensitivity (with two fighting children) and - don't forget - head pain, now I had the upset stomach to go with it. I dragged myself to the kitchen and took a Frova. That is a wonder drug. I would willingly kiss the person that came up with Frova. I may even offer to have their babies, and we all know I've sworn off of any more pregnancies!
Back to today. This morning, while getting Ali ready for school, another migraine hit. My old standby of caffeine did not help. I got it anyway, since the blended mochas I so love are on sale AND it's double punch Monday for the coffee card, but it didn't help my headache any. I think I'll have to take another Frova. So much for hoarding them.
On to Ali and preschool. Today is her next to last day in preschool. I am feeling kind of bittersweet. She has a little graduation ceremony on Wednesday at 6:30 and her last day of school is on Thursday. We are pulling her out for the summer so that she can have a break before starting Kindergarten, which will be every day instead of two days a week. I know that she is ready for Kindergarten; that she is getting bored with preschool, but I cannot believe that my baby girl is so grown up. I'm feeling a bit sad.
Also, she has had another growth spurt. She was standing next to a friend who is 3 weeks younger than Ali, and Ali is about 3 inches taller. I am going to have to start adding ruffles and lace to the bottom of all of her skirts so they don't look so obscene!! Her legs are so long and thin, she looks like a miniature supermodel. We are in for some trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment