Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Day After Christmas!!

I am sitting on my loveseat, relaxing after the super-busy day I had here yesterday. Yes, I am ON my LOVESEAT, not at the computer desk. Guess what I got for Christmas? hehehe...

We had a nice day yesterday. I had everyone over and I fed them all and let them open their gifts and generally spoiled the whole family all day. I made a yummy turkey and my own stuffing (my first!), Karnette brought a roast and made the mashed potatoes. My mom made pumpkin roll and wassail, her boyfriend brought fudge. Sweet potatoes, a fresh vegetable tray, pickles, olives, deviled eggs and pumpkin pies rounded out the meal.

The kids were so excited about their gifts. They each had an unwrappable present that was sitting in front of the tree in the morning. Alicia had a beautiful dollhouse and Reece had a roaring dinosaur. Our big purchase for the kids (and Mike) was an X-box 360, which Reece has claimed to be his. We also got several games to go with it. The kids got lots of needed clothing and also several movies. They both got radios from their grandma's boyfriend, "Grandpa" Dan.

Alicia got makeup so that she will stay out of mine. She got a Polly Pocket. Actually, it was Polly's friends Lila and Drew; I didn't know they had different names until a couple of days ago. Her grandma gave her a pretty necklace. We gave her a gold charm bracelet with a butterfly charm. We plan to add a charm a year for what she is interested in; by the time she is old enough to wear it, it should be full. She claims it is her favorite present. She also got door beads and a pink fuzzy chair. We gave her a Razor scooter. I can't believe she's old enough to want one! I gave her a game about toppling pizza. I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting, but oh well.

Reece got several items as well. He got a Spiderman blanket from his grandma. He got a Spiderman dinnerware set. A Star Wars light saber and Star Wars flight craft. A remote control elephant; sounds weird, but he loves it. Toy cars. A Spiderman figure that is completely poseable. He got a Darth Tater, which is a Mr. Potato Head, Star Wars themed. I'm sure he got more, too.

My big gift was, of course, my laptop. Mike got me the Gateway convertible notebook. I wanted the convertible for digital scrapbooking. So far, I love it!! He also got me a beautiful carrying case for it. It's so pretty!! Really pretty clothes and a gorgeous silver watch rounded it out.

He got some nice clothes, a leather coat, cologne, the Star Wars set and games for the X-box.

Even with all of those material gifts, the best thing about the day was the time spent with family. My favorite times are when the family is here and we are spending time just talking and laughing and being goofy with each other. That happens A LOT.

We're a goofy bunch. We tease each other. We make fun of each other. We also help each other. I love that I was in the kitchen with my mom and my sister, making yummy foods, pushing each other around in the tiny space with our rears (some of them bigger than others), tasting as we go and ordering every one else out. It's our domain and we kick out all others. We are very territorial about it. Someday I plan to include Alicia in it. I already do, to an extent.

Just not at Christmas.

And now, it's over. There's still a bit of a mess. The dishes are done, all but the turkey pan that is soaking. There are still some boxes that wouldn't fit into the garbage cans, but the garbage isn't collected until tomorrow morning. Not all of the gifts have found their proper homes yet. We still have all of our decorations up. They'll be there until New Year's, when we have our next big gathering.

I can't wait.

No comments: