Ali's birthday is, obviously, over. Her friend Chloe got to go with us to the movies after all as the weather was far too bad for their planned trip to Idaho for Thanksgiving. The day of Ali's birthday, November 24, the day before Thanksgiving, I picked up my nieces Lindsay and Lachelle from school and we headed back to Turlock. We met Chloe, her mom Susan, and her brother Daniel at the movie theater and headed in to watch Tangled 3D. What a cute movie! The kids all loved it and we had a great time.
Chloe and Daniel were pretty worn out after that so they headed back to their home and the rest of us headed back to our home where Alicia opened her gifts and we had cake. She requested I make her favorite, German's Chocolate Cake, which I did.
She got some cute gifts.
The next day was Thanksgiving.
Family came over for really good food, if I do say so myself. Mike had to go to work, but the turkey was done before he left so he got to eat with us and enjoy the good company. After we let dinner set for awhile, and Mike had left, the rest of us walked down to the school and played some Ultimate Frisbee.
Unfortunately, it wasn't as fun as usual because Dan and Josh and Johnny didn't do the proper play of short passes down the field so that everyone can get a turn. Oh, no. They had to throw long passes and sprint down the field ahead of everyone else. Kind of took all the joy out of the game. That's okay. At least we got some exercise!
The next week, I went to games night at the church. I wasn't there for very long. Why? Because, I fell playing basketball and sprained my back, badly. I am STILL in tons of pain and cannot live my life in a regular fashion. I am hoping that tomorrow, a full two weeks since it happened, I can at least get back on the treadmill.
And that brings us up to speed on what has been happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment