Thursday, April 07, 2005

What's Your Number?

It was raining today (we have the strangest weather here! It was sunny and almost hot yesterday!) and the kids and I just stayed in the house and cuddled on the couch, played and watched TV. We didn't even leave the house. It was great!

Alicia is learning her last name. She pronounces it as "Lunketta". It is so funny to hear her say, "My name is Alicia Lunketta. I'm four. What's your number?" What's your number. That's what she says instead of, "How old are you?"

Her latest game is to come up to one of us and say, "Pretend that you're opening a present and when you take the ribbon off and open it and there will be a baby ____." Sometimes it's kitty, dog, duck, bird, tiger. Just now it was alligator. So we have to pretend we're opening a gift while she sits very still and huddled compactly into herself and then act oh so surprised when we "see" what was in the box. I'm starting to get tired of the game, but she loves it!

We are having anger issues with Reece. I wish that he would start talking so that I could say, "Tell me what is wrong." But, all we have is yelling. And screaming. And whining! He has begun to hit and throw things. It is so hard to try to guess what is wrong. He has started to pull me by the hand and point at whatever it is that he wants to get through to me. Oh well, they're only little for a while, right?

No comments: