We've been a very busy bunch lately. Just go, go, go!!! But isn't that what summer is all about?
Hmmmm........Last weekend we decided to skip church (gasp!) and get out of town - and the heat!! So Mom, Shawn, Khori, Anayla, Reece, Ali and I all loaded into the van and headed for the coast. We stopped in Salinas and got Mary then drove to Santa Cruz. It was gorgeous there! It was warm, but not too much and crowded, but not so that you couldn't move. We just walked along the pier and the boardwalk and looked at everything. Well, Khori and Anayla gawked at various people, but they're at that age. I have never seen so many navel piercings in one place, nor have I seen so many bikinis being punished at once! Some women should just be banned from wearing them. I was in better shape than half of them and you will not find me in one of those things!! Anyways....
On Tuesday Mike and I loaded up our kids and headed back over Pacheco Pass, but this time our destination was Gilroy. We took them to Bonfante Gardens for the day. They had so much fun!! That is just the cutest place for kids. We met my friend Shawn and her two kids there. Her youngest is the same age as Reece. Her older daughter turns four in a couple of weeks. The kids all did remarkably well considering it was very hot. It was a great day. Pictures will be on the photo blog.
Reece is not interested in potty training. I just thought I would clear that up as my last post seemed so promising. But that's okay. I don't know if I am up for the challenge anyway. It's hard enough finding a bathroom everywhere we go for one child, let alone two. I can only be in one stall at a time!
Speaking of Reece....yesterday he was taking a nice nap on the couch and his dear sister decided he had been sleeping long enough (which wasn't anywhere near being fact). So Alicia walked over to him and screamed in his ear while tickling him. This resulted in Reece startling and falling off the couch, hitting his head on the table in the process. Well, he was screaming, and rightfully so, so I picked him up and was shushing him. He kept rubbing his head so I ran my hand over it. I didn't know he had hit it until that point, although Ali did tell me after the screams commenced. When I pulled my hand away from a lump about the size of a walnut, I saw blood.
Now, I know that head wounds bleed alot. So I took him into the bathroom to clean it up and he wouldn't let me touch it. At that point I called my sister-in-law Shelly and asked her to come over and watch Ali so I could take Reece to Urgent Care. When she got here, he had stopped crying but I decided to take him anyways and get it checked since the knot was so big and the bleeding hadn't stopped.
When we got to Urgent Care, there were two people ahead of us. Okay, that shouldn't be too long a wait. Yeah, right. One of them was a woman with a migraine. You cannot keep a 2 year old quiet enough for a person with a migraine. I felt so sorry for her! I gave Reece a pen and the receipt from the office and let him color. About an hour later I had let him scribble on every piece of paper in my purse and had drawn about 15 cartoon characters for him to "color". He seemed to be doing fine. Oh, did I mention that neither of the other patients had been called back yet?
I decided to take him home as the bleeding had stopped and there were no symptoms of a concussion. So off to the receptionist we went. She wasn't very bright.
Me: "I'm just going to take him home as he seems to be doing alright now."
Her: "Are you sure? There are only two people ahead of him." (DUH!)
Me: "Yeah, those are the same two people who have been here since we arrived! I'll bring him back if he starts puking or passes out or something."
And home we went. Today he is acting as if nothing has ever happened. What a waste of an hour!! I hope the woman with the migraine is okay....
No comments:
Post a Comment