It gets way too hot in this valley. I'm sure that you all know that, but I just wanted to put it out there. You know, for those of you who have moved away and possibly forgotten the long stretches of 100+ degree weather, going on for day after day after day. If I get a little loony from the heat and actually go somewhere mid-afternoon, the streets look like a ghost town. There is NO ONE on the road. No kids playing on the sidewalks. No mothers taking walks while pushing strollers. Nothing, not even a breeze. Of course, if there is a breeze, it's usually about 100 degrees itself, so it's not very refreshing.
Even so, my kids still want to go play at the park. Which means I get the pleasure of sitting in the sun or chasing them around or pushing swings in the heat. There's a song by the rock group Garbage called "This Is Not My Idea (Of a Good Time)" that runs through my head at times like that. The line repeats a few times in the song, but runs through my head several times while we're in the heat.
So I took the kids to the park the other day to meet some of our friends for a playdate. We agreed to meet at Donnelly Park as it has a lot of mature trees and shade. We met at 9:30, you know, to beat some of the heat. (I'm rolling my eyes right now.) Well, my friend Jessika, who had a hand in setting up the playdate, didn't show at 9:30. She didn't show at 10:00. She didn't show at 10:30. I was starting to get a little sick of this particular park. Finally, at about 20 minutes to noon, Jessika showed up. Meanwhile, the rest of us were about to call it a day. So at around 12:15 we left the park and headed to Raleys because I wanted a mocha. Unfortunately, the woman working the coffee counter doesn't make the mochas the way I like them, so I didn't get one.
We went back home and had some down time. I had bought the kids some paper mache' letters for them to paint. So we broke out the old tablecloth, a bunch of paint and some foam brushes and the kids got to work painting on their initials. They were so proud of their work!!
I have decided that I can no longer stand the sink and vanity in the master bathroom. The sink is in the corner of the vanity and is very difficult to stand over and do anything, such as brush your teeth, wash your face, floss, you know, the little things we take for granted in life. So I broke down and bought a new sink and vanity at Costco. It is so pretty! Of course, I will now have to paint the bathroom and replace the flooring because the new vanity is a completely different size than the old one. But it is going to be so pretty when it's done! I don't know how I am going to take out the old one yet. It has tile that goes up onto the wall. At first I thought I would just take a sledgehammer to it as a cheap form of therapy, but then I realized I would have to cart out all the debris. So now I think I'll have to chisel off the tile from the wall and do it the nice way. I'm open to assistance. Just give me a call!
No comments:
Post a Comment