Last week, he decided it was a good time to be potty-trained. We had tried in the past. I would ask him throughout the day if he needed to go to the bathroom and he'd answer no - and then promptly pee his pants within five minutes. Last week, however, was a different story. He decided he wanted to wear his underwear. I told him that if he is going to wear it, he is not to go to the bathroom in it.
"Okay." he said.
He has stuck by it. Yes, he's had a couple of accidents, but on the whole, he's trained. He has had zero accidents at night, something about which I am extremely excited! He is also very proud of himself.
Now, onto Alicia. She is growing as well. She has gotten so tall! All of the little skorts that she wore over the summer are now obscenely short on her and I am having to remove them from her dresser. I weeded everything out a couple of months ago and now I am needing to do it again. She is wearing a 6X or 7, for length, and they are, as usual, hanging off her hips. She still has yet to break the 50 pound mark, yet she is already over 4 feet tall. Considering that she is going to be 6 next month, that's quite something.
In addition to trying to catch up to her mom in height, she has been losing things as well - out of her mouth! That's right, she is starting to lose her baby teeth. She lost the first one on Sept. 28th while at school. I was kind of bummed because I really wanted to be there and see when it came out. She was so excited, though, that I couldn't be sad for too long. She was really excited when she woke up the next morning and found a dollar under her pillow!
Last Friday night, the 13th, my sister and her girls were here for dinner. Alicia knows that Karnette works in a dental office and asked her if she could pull the second tooth. Karnette was more than happy to do it! She grabbed a tissue, reached in, and pulled. Out it came. I have such a brave little girl. Personally, I think she just wanted another dollar.
The next morning, when she woke up and found her dollar under her pillow, she was beaming ear to ear, her gapped-toothed smile just lighting up the morning. As we got ready for the day, she said to me, "Mom, I know what the tooth fairy looks like."
"Oh yeah?" I asked.
"Yep. She is tall, with long brown hair and she's beautiful like you are."
Oops. Has she figured it out already, just two teeth into the deal? I mean, I haven't exactly said that there is a tooth fairy, but I haven't said that there isn't, either.
She continued, "But the tooth fairy has wings."
So far she has lost the bottom front teeth. Currently, the top two front teeth are loosening up, as well as another on the bottom. How long do you figure she'll keep believing in an actual tooth fairy? Because, again, she is growing up so quickly, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment