Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Foggy mornings and lazy afternoons

Today is just one of those days, the type where I can't find my motivation anywhere.  I get things done, in spurts, but nothing like what I really want to get done.  I sit on the sofa or in a chair and think to myself, 'If I got up, I could bake something/sew something/draw something...' and yet I remain seated.

Part of this I blame on seasonal depression.  I have realized the last few years that I get some sort of Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD.  It hasn't been officially diagnosed - mostly because of the cost of going to the doctor, which would only make me more depressed - but I do recognize the symptoms.  This year I'm trying to get in more exercise and a better diet to help combat it, but there are still more days than not that I succumb to it and don't get much done.  It's like a feeling of melancholy slips over me and beckons me to sleep under its heavy blanket.

I'm determined not to take that nap today.

My kids aren't wanting to do their schoolwork today.  Part of me wants to let it go because I am obviously unmotivated myself, but the other part of me thinks I need to really "crack the whip" and get a fire lit under them.

Meanwhile, I'll continue reading a book on my Kindle PC program and listen to a music mix.

No comments: