Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mean Mom

Alicia wasn't feeling well last night when she went to bed.  I was sort of stressed by this as she has the state-mandated testing (don't get me started on that, being a homeschooler) this week and I did NOT want to deal with the hassle of having to reschedule it as she's already been placed into a special small testing group of 5 kids to accommodate her raging case of ADD, aka, stare-out-the-windows-and-at-the-lights-until-the-time-is-up disorder.

Plus, I wasn't sure I believed her.

This morning we headed off to school and barely made it in time, no thanks to the work truck that was 4 vehicles ahead of us.  My friend Roxanne was behind me the whole way and we were so glad we left early enough for our share of the leisurely drive in the country.

Ali stayed and did her testing while I snuck off to Beans Coffee Co. in the next town over, just over the bridge, a whole mile away.  I brought a book with me to stave off boredom, but my friend Susan happened to pop in and regaled me with tales of big business pharm and what they're doing to organic foods by genetically altering them and having their own "mafia" to enforce no seed hording by poor farmers.

We chatted a good long time and went back to campus and picked up our kids.  Ali was unusually quiet on the way home, but I figured she was just tired.  I fixed her lunch once we got here and she settled in.

Then she threw up.  Twice.

Dang it!!  She really WAS sick!!

She still has to go back for testing the next two days.  I hope she doesn't get any worse.

No comments: