Thursday, September 14, 2006

More migraine chronicles

From August 31, 2006:

My migraine issues continue. To recap: Topamax works, insurance won't pay, Inderal made me lightheaded because it lowered my blood pressure, Aleve doesn't do a thing, and that brings us to today.

I have another migraine. I am getting used to living life with one. That is not how I want it to be; it just happens to be that way. I called the doctor and left a message telling him that the 2 Aleve in the morning and 2 Aleve at night is not cutting it. I had a migraine 5 out of 7 days last week. That is no way to live.
His office called back and said that he wants me to up the Inderol uptake to 2 a day. I was miserable with my headache and not thinking straight, so I said 'fine'.

It's NOT fine.

I have low blood pressure. It's great - when I'm living everyday life. It was an issue while pregnant, because it drops. Inderol is a drug used to lower blood pressure. I didn't even think to question it when they called me. If I was light-headed with one pill a day, what are two going to do to me? I can't live life without being able to drive because I am not sure if I'll stay conscious. I am going to call them again tomorrow and double-check this.

At any rate, I have a migraine and am about ready to go to bed. Alicia is already asleep, but Reece, the hyper-active machine that he is, is still up and about. I sort of took a nap this afternoon - as much as I could with the kids screaming and running around and using me as a springboard. I really need the sleep.

No comments: